Does your DC house have a Lead Service Line? DC Water has an interactive map to check!
1) You'll need to enter your property address.
2) Click on the pop-up link on the address to see what information is available.
3) DC Water is responsible for the part of the water line in public space and will replace at their cost.
4) Owners are responsible for the cost of replacing the water line on private property.
5) DC Water offers contractors who can perform the work on private property, usually at lower cost than finding your own contractor.
6) Hopefully your water lines have been replaced.
Here is a link to the map: dcwater.com/servicemap
Buy Smart. Live Well.